Are You Concerned About Your Privacy?
We respect your privacy by implementing tough information security.
It is our responsibility to treat customers, colleagues, the community, and the environment with respect. That includes your personal information. We ensure your privacy by handling your personal information in a safe and accountable manner.
- Use of your personal information
- Collection of personal information
- Collection of aggregate information
- Protection of personal information
- Right to monitor use
- How Penske discloses personal information
- Links to third-party sites
- Children's privacy
- Your consent
- Retention and deletion of your information
- Your rights
- Contact us
- Changes to policy
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, or our Sites, please contact a Penske representative at +31 (0)165576700 or via email at PrivacyEU@penske.com.
Use of your personal information
We collect personal information in various ways to better serve you. Such information may be used to allow you to order or schedule services, to receive support for the services we provide, to allow us to contact you to provide those services, to complete delivery of products and services, to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and bring and defend legal claims; and to protect Penske from fraudulent transactions. We also use the information we collect to tailor and improve your experience while using the Sites.
We will only process your personal information as necessary so that we can pursue the purposes described above, and then only where we have concluded that our processing does not prejudice you or your privacy in a way that would override our legitimate interest in pursuing those purposes.
In exceptional circumstances, we may also be required by law to disclose or otherwise process your personal information. We will tell you, when we ask you to provide information about yourself, if provision of the requested information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or, on the other hand, if it is purely voluntary and there will be no implications if you decline to provide the information. Otherwise you should assume that we need the information for our business or compliance purposes (as described above). If you are uncertain as to Penske's need for information that we request from you, please contact Penske's representative asking for the information, or contact us (see below), with your query.
Collection of personal information
Collection of aggregate information
In addition to the personal information described above, we also collect aggregate information from many users about use of the Sites, such as number of visits and pages visited, and the overall duration of time spent on the Sites. The information we collect depends in large part upon the needs of your account and what services and features you use on the Sites. We do not disclose this information to third parties.
Protection of personal information
Penske takes appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial precautions in our efforts to prevent unauthorized access to and use of any data you send us. We recommend that when you access the Site, you do so from a secure browser. We also recommend that when passwords are requested or required to access the Sites, you select a unique combination of letters and numbers in order to protect your information.
The security of customer information is very important to us, and we take a number of steps to safeguard it. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard non-public personal information about you.
When our credit pre-approval form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as social security numbers), that information is encrypted and is protected with 128-bit or greater SSL encryption software, an industry standard for reputable organizations. While on a secure page, such as our credit pre-approval application form, the website address will begin with https://...
Furthermore, once the information has been received by us, we use security procedures and policies commensurate with industry standards to safeguard against loss, theft, unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification and/or disclosure.
Right to monitor use
How Penske discloses personal information
Penske may, from time to time, share your personal information for the following purposes:
- Agents and Affiliates: Penske may distribute the personal information that you submit to us, both internally within our company and to our agents and affiliates as necessary for purposes related to our products and services. We may also use this information to help us manage programs and services that may be of interest to you.
- Service Providers/Marketing Partners: We provide information to third parties to assist us in providing service to our customers, responding to customer inquiries, and servicing, administering, and enforcing our accounts. We may also use marketing and other firms to assist us in our own marketing efforts. These third-party service providers may use customer information to perform contracted services at our request.
- Business Transfers: In the event that Penske sells or transfers all or a portion of our business and assets, we reserve the right to transfer your personal information in connection with that transaction. In such event, Penske will use reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information remains protected.
These disclosures may involve transferring your personal information overseas. If you are dealing with us within the European Economic Area, you should be aware that this may include transfers to countries outside the European Economic Area, which do not have similarly strict data privacy laws. In those cases, where we transfer personal data to other members of the Penske group or our service providers, we will ensure that our arrangements with them are governed by data transfer agreements or mechanisms, designed to ensure that your personal information is protected (including, where appropriate, under an agreement on terms approved for this purpose by the European Commission).
Please contact us (see below) if you would like to know whether any such agreements are in place or, if so, to see a copy.
Links to third-party sites
The Sites may contain links to other third-party sites, such as the sites of Penske agents, sales affiliates, and other organizations whose products or services may be of interest to you. We cannot be responsible for maintaining your privacy once you leave our Sites. When you click on any links or banners on our Site that take you to third-party web sites, you will be subject to the third parties' privacy policies and practices. We encourage you to read the posted privacy statement of any and every site you visit, whether you are linking from one of our Sites or browsing on your own.
Penske does not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under the age of sixteen (16) or allow such children to participate in any services offered on the Sites that require the submission of user information. Should Penske learn that someone under the age of sixteen (16) has provided any personal information to or on any of the Sites, Penske will take steps to remove that information as soon as possible.
As a condition to using the Sites, we require your approval to collect the personal information discussed above. By visiting the Sites, you agree that we may collect and use this information, as stated in our policy.
Retention and deletion of your information
We intend to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date.
Note that we may retain some limited information about you even when we know that you have left the organisation that you represent, so that we can maintain a continuous relationship with you if and when we are in contact with you again, representing a different organisation.
Contact us for more information.
You may have a right of access to the personal information that we hold about you, and to some related information, under data protection law.
- You can also require any inaccurate personal information to be corrected or deleted.
- You can object to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time and you may have the right to object to our processing of some or all of your personal information (and require them to be deleted) in some other circumstances. You can easily opt out by sending an email to PrivacyEU@penske.com, or by calling us at +31 (0)165576700.
- In some circumstances, you may also have a "data portability" right to require us to transfer your personal data to you or to a new service provider.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact a Penske representative at +31 (0)165576700 or via email at PrivacyEU@penske.com.
You can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with the body regulating data protection in your country (details are available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm).
We welcome questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement and our processing of personal information. Please email us on PrivacyEU@penske.com.
Changes to policy