End-to-End Supply Chain Management Solutions
Penske's supply chain professionals are committed to meeting our customers' most complex requirements. Our leadership teams work with you to ensure responsiveness and flexibility. Whatever level of support your priorities require, we have the tactical and strategic skill sets to deliver the right solutions. Whether you're entering an emerging market or maximizing existing assets, our supply chain solutions help you meet your business goals. We offer:
- New and improved ways to coordinate all aspects of your supply chain on a day-to-day basis
- Professionals who provide you with answers and implement solutions
- An in-house engineering department to guide you through every step of the process
- Industry knowledge, advanced systems and technical prowess to design and implement the most advanced supply chain solutions in use today.
Major automotive company
The company is responsible for the supply of spare parts (over 250,000 SKUs) to nearly 12,000 licensed dealers throughout Europe. It also manages inbound shipments from over 2,000 suppliers in Europe to the various PDCs and RDCs. The company wanted to optimize their total supply chain, while lowering transportation costs and improving the customer experience.
- Penske created a collaborative network integration team that works alongside the automotive company to identify ways to optimize the network and tender the inbound and outbound shipments
- Penske also analyzed their inbound and outbound network looking for areas of greater efficiencies by using engineering and tender tools, market intelligence and customer-specific solutions
- Optimal distribution networks within the different regions
- Network synergies between inbound and outbound flows
- Distribution service differentiation
- Improved interaction between the company and the Penske network