Lead Logistics Provider Services
Streamline the process of moving parts and product
A lead logistics provider (LLP), also referred to as a 4th-party logistics provider (4PL), can direct every aspect of your supply chain, including managing other 3PLs, overseeing transportation management, supervising warehouse operations or operating any other portion of your supply chain.
An LLP becomes your partner in streamlining the processes of moving parts and products and creating a lean, cost-effective operation. As an LLP for businesses around the world, Penske finds new and improved ways to coordinate all aspects of supply chain services. As your LLP, Penske will:
- Combine best-in-class warehousing, distribution and transportation
- Coordinate all suppliers
- Integrate supply chain technologies
- Synchronize inbound logistics and outbound flows
Comprehensive Supply Chain Oversight and Management
Customers turn to Penske for LLP services because we can provide expertise to optimize every level of your supply chain. Our logistics experts bring their unique operational experience from a wide variety of industries to help with challenges in every facet of your supply chain. Our LLP services provide value through:
- Onsite support with parts follow-up, load verification and quality inspection
- Operational support with border, claims, supplier and warehouse management
- Network facilitation, from site and mode selection to routing and realignment
- Transportation management, including carrier management, load building and tracking
- Financial management, including procurement, metrics and invoicing
Additional Benefits of Outsourcing Supply Chain Management
Devising common strategic and operational values drives out 8–12% of our customers' supply chain costs. From the ground up, we establish a strategic financial baseline to influence our decision making as it applies to ideation, design, implementation, validation and value tracking of logistics solutions.
Penske Logistics brings:
- Broad industry expertise – Penske started out as an LLP in the automotive industry, an industry with one of the most complex supply chains, and took that knowledge into other industries, including healthcare and industrial.
- Our people – The backbone of any supply chain is the people who run it. Our people are dedicated to your business and run it as if it were their own.
- Superior technology – Even the best people can't run an efficient supply chain without visibility into every part that needs to get from point A to point B. Penske uses the best mix of industry-leading software and database systems, our own proprietary applications and highly skilled personnel to keep your business moving.